Hello from France !

Introduce yourself to everyone!
Mylène

Hello from France !

Postby Mylène » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:14 pm

My name is Mylène. I'm a 48 years old woman living in France. I work with adults suffering from autism, trained as a music therapist a few years ago, and graduated in 2014. And during that training, I "met" Gabriel Byrne through the TV show "in treatment". We actually spent a whole day with a psychoanalyst watching and discussing about a few episodes. We were invited to watch the episodes as if we already were the therapis we wanted to be... So it was a very special look and afterwards when I get home I didn't search to know more about the other episodes or actors :-). I didn't think about the tv show or Gabriel Byrne untill I decided to watch a movie with a beautifull love story lately (so that I could forget about some problems at work :-) . I watched "Le temps de l'aventure" and was moved so much that I couldn't speak. It's a sign for me to create something from this unspeakable feeling.

Besides music, writing is another great passion to me. I write poems, short-stories, and I'm in the process of writing a novel. One of the main character is inspired by the argentinian writer Macedonio Fernandez, especially the strange and wandering life he led after the death of his wife. It puzzles me very much. So I would like to describe my main character as if he were Macedonio Fernandez for the way of living, and Gabriel Byrne for the deep emotion he caused to me. So I'm here to know more about his acting and to go deeply into the emotions he caused to me. Thant you very much for this fantastic site ! Sorry for my english... Hope it's understandable...

Here's a track by Angelique Ionatos: a great artist, Greek by birth, who lives in Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O85CUn8nZTs

Mylène

Kariboo52

Re: Hello from France !

Postby Kariboo52 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi Mylene, Sorry if I didn't spell your name right. I'm using my phone. Anyway, :welcome: !!! I'm Kariboo or Kari and I'm from Minnesota. I don't do amazing work like you do, but I work with wildlife. I was a Zoo Keeper and now I do animal research, mostly Bears and Raptors. Here in Minnesota there is plenty. Well, welcome and hope to see you around the forum :reading: . It's a great group of people :great: . Take care!

:cool:

Stella

Postby Stella » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:06 pm

:% :% :% Welcome to Byrneholics, Mylène! :% :% :%

What interesting work you do! And yes, most of us here either discovered Gabriel Byrne or were reminded what a great actor he is because of IN TREATMENT. And yes, Le temps de l'aventure (or Just A Sigh, as it is known in the United States) reminded us again! What a lovely and lyrical film that is--it inspires us all with feelings and poetry.

I am happy you have found us here on the Internet. You can learn a lot about Gabriel's work from the postings on the main site, from the Mega Movie Pages, and from the Facebook Page. Enjoy discovering more about him and enjoy meeting all of the lovely people here!

:welcome:

Stella
Owner and Administrator
Byrneholics Online

:cow

ByrneingCutie

Postby ByrneingCutie » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:07 pm

Hello Mylène
My name is Karen and I live in the UK. My son has a genetic condition that is very close to autism so I know first hand what wonderful work folks like you do :) Music therapy is an important part of his schooling.
It's nice to see a new face here :D
I've seen Le Temps de l'adventure - it's a wonderful film :lovegirl:
Hope to see you around here!

Noraa

Postby Noraa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi Mylene.

It is very nice to meet you here.
I am Nora from Norway and I have learned very much about life and causes because of the wonderful actor and person:
Gabriel Byrne.

I forgot to write:
I love In Treatment and Just a sigh VERY MUCH! :lovegirl:

Mylène

Postby Mylène » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:23 am

Thank you very much for all your welcoming messages !

Kari I love animals too. I have 2 cats, Mimi and Loulou, at home, and see another one everyday at work. He had been settling in our institute a few years ago and seems to lead a happily live amongst us... We also go with some patients in a dogs refuge and go for a walk with 2 or 3 dogs around the refuge. It's a pleasant moment for everyone !

Stella Thank you very much for this fans page and the warm atmosphere we can find here ! I'm very impressed by all the informations, articles, videos, ... you gathered !

Karen I think music can allow us to get in touch with people suffering from autism (or close to autism) or generally people who can't, for different reasons, express their feelings into words

Nora If you know about Gabriel Byrne's tastes in literature (or books in general), cinema or music, I'm interested !

I wish you all a nice sunday ! See you soon !

Mylène

Aragarna

Postby Aragarna » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi Mylène !

Sorry I'm so late to welcome you to the forum!
I'm Aragarna, from France! Though I now live in Madison, in the US.

Le Temps de l'Aventure was definitely a film to remember... ♥♥
Make yourself at home, I hope you'll enjoy the forum here! See you around. :)
"there is bit of a traveller in everybody. but very few of us know where we are going" Papa Reilly.

Angelle

Postby Angelle » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Bonjour et Bienvenue Mylène

My name is Nicole Angelle. I'm from Canada, and I speak French and English. But I love Gabriel Byrne in any language! Enjoy this wonderful site. :hello: :hello:

Nicole Angelle

Return to “Introductions”