Lara and I have taken the website to the next level. Yay!
But what does this mean? Besides the beautiful new dark blue template and the lovely new banner gracing the top of the main page (all thanks to Lara!), we have implemented lots of features to make your visit here more appealing and to help you find stuff faster (always a good thing on websites), including:
- New Gallery, which has a slicker slideshow feature, and random folder icons, which means everytime you visit the gallery it will look different!
- Image slider box in the homepage to reveal the most important posts in a fun way
- Categories and Tags for postings, designed to help you find postings on particular topics along with related postings, all with one click
- Search Box for–you guessed it–searching across the website, you will find it at the bottom of each page across the entire website
- Fan Section, for sharing your creative work, including our favorite youtube videos and wallpapers
- More content, especially in the Gallery, where batch uploading is now possible, so tons of pics can be posted quickly, keep checking back!
- Gravatars, to help you identify yourself on the Byrneholics site, as well as other sites, such as Blogger and LiveJournal. Visit the Gravatar site to get yours now!
As the new Co-Administrator, Lara brought her ideas for improving the site to me with just one thought in mind: we need to make all of the amazing content, shared by Byrneholics everywhere, easily available for everyone. Byrneholics 4.0 is the result, thanks to Lara’s mad skillz and my desire to make this place the best it can be, for Mr. Byrne and for our international community of devoted fans.
Is it done yet? No. The homepage is in great shape and most of the recent postings are good to go, but the older postings and new pages still need work and they are getting some attention, but it will take time to bring them all up-to-date. The New Gallery has lots of great stuff in it, but not everything yet.
So, please enjoy what we have accomplished so far and know that the rest is on the way. You can comment in the main site with your new Gravatar (!) or in the Forum, which remains just as it was.
Many thanks for your support and especially to Lara, the young geek, from this old geek,