Updated September 2: The audio for the RTE Radio Program remembering Mick Lally has been added to the end of this posting.
Forgot to mention: Paris Barclay, In Treatment Director Extraordinaire, received an Emmy nod for an episode of Glee. In this article, the interviewer notes:
Speaking of gay characters, Paris tells me that when In Treatment returns to the air on Oct. 25, one of psychologist Gabriel Byrne’s clients will be a 16-year-old gay kid!
“The story is unbelievable,” he said.
In Treatment news of all shapes and sizes is on offer in this round of the Byrne-ing News. And we end on a sad note, with a sonnet read by Mr. Byrne in honor of a friend recently lost.
1. In IT3 news, Gabriel Byrne was spotted in Park Slope, a neighborhood in Brooklyn, late last week as filming for Season Three of In Treatment continues. Twitter was all a-twitter about it!
they’re filming “in treatment” in park slope right now and using GIANT lights to make the street look like daytime or late afternoon. crazy.
about 2 hours ago via web
around the corner from my house- wish i lived on this block instead wink RT @chickfoxgrover Shooting “In Treatment” http://yfrog.com/5ix3sgj
about 2 hours ago via web
“In Treatment’ is shooting on our block tonight. I guess our street looks like a shrink’s office.
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
Just spotted Gabriel Byrne heading to set for In Treatment in Park Slope!
about 5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry
Now In Treatment filming on my st. Maybe Gabriel Byrne will hold the door 4 me?
about 6 hours ago via txt
Thanks to Kris (USA) for providing the Twitter record!
We are desperate for Season 3 pics, aren’t we?
2. Actor Musto Pelinkovicci recently appeared in an episode of Season Three of In Treatment. He has provided several comments here at Byrneholics and we really appreciate his enthusiasm for the show and for Mr. Byrne! It is very kind of him to share his experience with us. You can read his comments at this posting.
3. Now Hear This! HBO will begin showing In Treatment Season 1 via On Demand on September 7. And HBO Signature will offer In Treatment Season 1 and part of Season 2 starting on September 16. That is all. Heck, that is enough!
4. Just in case it may have slipped your mind (not likely!), the DVD for Season 2 of In Treatment will hit the streets in the US on October 12.
Need to catch up before Season 3 begins? Here is your chance! HBO is devilish, we know.
5. Mick Lally, an actor beloved in Ireland, passed away unexpectedly this week. His death brought an outpouring of praise, appreciation, and recollection from friends and colleagues near and far. Gabriel Byrne called into the RTE One Radio show today to share his thoughts. Gabriel’s part starts at 39:00.
And here is the audio of the sonnet Gabriel read in honor of his friend, with whom he worked in the early days, in Bracken.
The text of Shakespeare’s Sonnet #30 includes a line put to good use by another famous writer (it is the title of his semi-autobiographical–and long!–novel).
Mick Lally inspired so many. Richard Pine’s obituary for Mr. Lally in The Guardian is a must read. About this “vital presence,” Garry Hynes says:
Mick always had a new book, poem, music or something he had read in the paper to share with you. He was a good and cultured man. I’ll miss him to the end of my days.
Mick Lally, actor
1945 – 2010
Thanks to TwoMoons for the alert on the radio program and to Aragarna for technical assistance!